#kanyakumari #India #Tamilnadu #indiantourism
Kanyakumari is the Southernmost tip of India in the state of Tamil Nadu. At this very place, we get to see the union of three oceans Indian Ocean, Arabian Ocean and Bay of Bengal. It is mostly famous for religious purpose as most of the tourist come here to visit the famous and most ancient temple of Goddess Kanyakumari who prayed to Lord Shiva to be accepted as his wife.
How to get here?
Kanyakumari makes it for a very good road trip as you can visit many tourist locations on the way or in and around Kanyakumari. There is other mode of transports as well and its very well connected to Thiruvananthapuram International Airport by flight or by Train.
Where to Stay?
Kanyakumari is crowded any time of the year, so try making an early booking or else you will have to settle in for not so popular hotels. Some hotels with good reviews are Sparsa Resort, The Seashore Hotel and Hotel Temple Citi.
Places to Visit
- Swami Vivekananda Memorial: Its a belief that Swami Vivekananda swam to this rock and meditated in quest for enlightenment. For me this is one of the finest piece of architecture in India.
- Thiruvalluvar Statue: Thiruvalluvar was a very well known poet in Tamil Nadu and this 133 feet tall stone sculpture was constructed in his memory.
- Kumari Amman Temple: This is the most gorgeous looking goddess and everything about this goddess is so surreal but photography is not allowed in the temple.
- Sunset Point: Its really worth taking that extra effort to get here early for a good view of Sunset, its simple the best sunset I have ever seen.
- Thirparappu Falls: We did not get time to visit the falls but don’t miss it and make the same mistake as us.
Beauty of the world is what makes one a traveler!